It’s time again for the Literary Junkies Book Chat! Get to know me and a bit more of my personality with this fun monthly meme.
1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it.
I just finished Sulan: The League, which is a fun cyberpunk/dystopian story about a smart teen girl as she struggles to fight the real evil in a world filled with virtual reality. It was fun and a quick read.
2. There are a ton of movies coming out soon that were based off of books. Are there any you’re particularly excited to see?
Well, The Fault in Our Stars was my absolute favorite- so the other movies sort of pale when compared to it. However, I really want to see If I Stay, and I still haven’t watched The Edge of Tomorrow yet, so I’m looking forward to that one. The Giver was also a surprisingly good movie.
3. With fall finally here for some of us, are there any books that you’re particularly looking forward to reading in the season of big sweaters, blankets and hot chocolate?
Well, I actually wrote a post about my favorite boarding school books, which I always look forward to reading in the fall. I also have a guest post coming out on Candace’s Book Blog in the next few weeks that also will feature fall-themed books. I typically find I am drawn to mystical/fantasy stories and mysteries in the fall.
4. We only have 3.5 months left of 2014. Did you participate in any reading challenges? How are you doing?
I did a few, but I sort of failed miserably at most of them. The only one I can remember off the top of my head was the Wicked Wildfire Reading Challenge, which was supposed to be a challenge to read 6 books in 2 weeks, but I only read 2 during that period, I believe. I have a hard time participating in challenges because I already fill my day with so many book/writing-related things.
5. What has been the best book you’ve read so far this year?
I’d have to say that so far, my favorite was probably Lone Wolf. I didn’t think I would like it, but I did!