Today for Quote Me Thursday, I’m turning to other bloggers and writers for their favorite quotes. There are quite a few interesting ones on the list!
1. I don’t know if it will help you get rich, but Business Insider has collected a list of 21 quotes from Bill Gates.
My favorite: “You know, even when we wrote down at Microsoft in 1975, ‘a computer on every desk and in every home,’ we didn’t realize, oh, we’ll have to be a big company. Every time, I thought, ‘Oh, God, can we double in size?'”
See, even mogals worry about handling growth.
2. If you don’t know, I am a huge Google fan, so I was excited to read these quotes collected by Android Headlines featuring Google founder Sergey Brin.
My favorite: “We want Google to be the third half of your brain.”
Sergey, I think it’s more like 3/4 of mine.
3. Have you seen these quote graphics at Parajunkee’s View?
4. Writer’s Rise has created a list of so called “the most awesome author quotes in history,” but right now it only contains 18. Want to help them out a bit?
My favorite: “There’s a word for a writer who never gives up: published.” – Joe Konrath
5. Buzfeed put together a list of 20 literary tattoos, of which most are quotes.
My favorite: “I myself am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions.” –Augusten Burroughs
Have you read any other good quote collections lately?
Quote Me Thursday 40
It’s time to link up your book posts to Quote Me Thursday! As always, I will feature my favorite link-up and by linking up, you agree to receive Quote Me Thursday reminders when the link-up goes live and have your post shared on Daily Mayo.
1. Links must be book or quote-related (reviews, quotes, book lists, author interviews, whatever!).
2. Link to your blog-specific URL, not your home page.
3. Include a link back to Daily Mayo somewhere in your post.
4. Visit some of the other posts. If you like a quote, leave a comment!
5. Follow Daily Mayo and any co-hosts.
6. Use the hashtag #quotemethursday when sharing this link-up!
Sign up for Quote Me Thursday Reminders!
Want to Co-Host?
I am now accepting applications for Quote Me Thursday co-hosting! I don’t have any special sign-up yet, so if you are interested, just send me a note through my contact form! I’d love to share this awesome link-up with you.